Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Rain, Rain, and More Rain

It's been a slow day here today. As you read on my treats, Uncle Steve went for a run inspite of all my begging. Aunt Kathy came home shortly after Uncle Steve left, but then she went to Jazzercise. For old people, they sure are active.

When they were finally both home, they called their kids and talked on the phone. There was a baby crying in the background!!! I sort of made me nervous. I don't remember hearing babies cry before. I didn't like it. However, while they were on the phone I was able to get into the garbage. Uncle Steve caught me before I was able to eat anything. I keep forgetting how quick he is for such an old guy.

Uncle Steve felt guilty, so we played catch the treat for the video camera. I like this game. I tried to convince Uncle Steve I needed more practice, but he saw right through my idea.

Sounds like you are having a great time. Are you going to take any train trips. When Uncle Steve was there, he took the train to Wales, Brighton Beach, Dover, and Cantebary Cathedral. Cantebary Cathedral was Uncle Steve's favorite. He was just wandering around, and got to hear the choir practice in the Cathedral. I think Uncle Steve kind of teared up when he told me about it.

You know, you can tweet me too! See you on Twitter!!

Love,

The Speckster

1 Comments:

At 5:40 PM, Blogger Speck said...

Hi Speckster-

We know you don't need too much practice catching treats! You usually are about 95% on those!

Tell U.S. we're not going to far outside of London. We are going to Hampton Court on Saturday with some friends we met on another trip that live here, but they are going to drive us. Maybe if we ever come back we'll have to tour a little more.

Today we saw the Tower of London which is where all kinds of Kings stayed and also prisoners, etc. It's really more like a fort or a castle with a moat and everything. We took a cool tour with a Beefeater (but they like to be called Yeoman Warders) they are the Queen's personal bodyguards and their job is to guard the tower. And apparently to give really fun walking tours. They are the longest running armed guard group in the world. The Tower of London gate has been guarded in person every single day and night for 700 years! Oh yeah, we got to go into the vault and see the crown jewels, the bloody tower and where Anne Boleyn got her head chopped off!

We also saw Romeo and Juliet at a reproduction on Shakespeare's Globe Theater. It was made out of the same materials and everything. It was even not totally covered and the "commoners" bought cheap tickets and stood on the main floor. Needless to say it wasn't a happy ending!

More stuff tomorrow. Say hi to AK and US and keep practicing catching those treats and doing those tweets!

Love mom and dad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home