Saturday, February 13, 2010

A Day in Uncle Steve's Lap

You probably had not got back to the house before Uncle Steve was in his Lazyboy, and I was in his lap. We spent a wonderful afternoon alternating between supervising the backyard, and sawing logs in blissful naps. I think Uncle Steve can enjoy my peaceful snoring, compared to the god awful noise that comes out of his mouth. I don't know how he can sleep through that noise, but he does it every time. Aunt Kathy told me later that when he does that watching TV, she and Charlie would have to throw pillows at him so they could hear the show.
Can I beg or what? Usually this look will get me something off the table, but Aunt Kathy is awfully disciplined. As soon as we go outside, I have Uncle Steve trained to give me a Milk Bone treat, but that still doesn't stop me from trying to get something off the table. Aunt Kathy and Uncle Steve were going on and on about some chocolate cake they thought was really good, so I knew I wasn't going to get any of that! Aunt Kathy did open the dish washer, so I got a taste to the pizza they had for dinner. I have to see if I can't jump on a chair when Uncle Steve gets up to go get more food. He seems to do that a lot, so I will have ample opportunity to see if can't snatch something off the table.
Hope you are had a nice flight, and the weather warms up a little. What's the use of going to Florida if you have to be cold!!!
Love,
The Speckster


1 Comments:

At 9:06 PM, Blogger Speck said...

Hi Speckster-

Glad to hear you're getting US to take some naps. He's going to need the rest to take care of you! Boy are you shaggy! We need to get you a haircut when we get back. The flight down was fine and it is chilly here! Like jacket chilly. We are right on the ocean in a condo with more rooms than our whole house. It's pretty nice.

Tomorrow we don't know what we're doing, so we'll see. Tonight we had dinner at a little place by the condo.

Tell AK and US thanks for taste testing the cake. Based on their review momma has decided to go with that flavor!

We'll talk to you soon.

Love Mom and Dad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home