Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Be Careful What You Wish For! You May Get It!


Mount Speckmore

Hey Mom and Dad! Don't you think they should put a statue of me at the north end of Lake Harriet? People would come from all over to see how spectacular I look! Every summer they could have a rally of dog lovers at the foot of my statue. Uncle Steve said he thought it was a good idea!

Uncle Steve did come home early and we did talk a walk. You would think I would learn by now. I got all excited when Uncle Steve asked me if I wanted to go for a walk. We got to 44th street and I expected to turn around and go back. Then we got to France and 44th and I began to remember that Uncle Steve doesn't take normal walks. By the time we got to Xerxes I thought, "OH SHIT!! We are going all the way to Lake Harriet!!!!!" I was starting to get really tired when we got to Linden Hills, but when we got to the lake I perked up. People were smiling at me and telling me how cute I looked. The complements kept up at Lake Calhoun, so I was feeling really perky. The trip home didn't seem so long after all those people told me what a good dog I was. However, I don't think I will notice that Uncle Steve doesn't get home until 6:00 tomorrow. Aunt Kathy is probably going to have trouble waking me up from my nap tomorrow afternoon.

Hope you're having fun.

Love,

The Speckster

2 Comments:

At 9:41 AM, Blogger Evil Cake Genius said...

Hi Speck,
You are such a studette! I don't think that Guinnie could manage to walk all the way from US/AK's house and around the lake, and still make it back home. He is such a weiner!

We love reading your blog! We didn't know your vocabulary contained four letter words, but then you are the spawn of one Robin Martin, who coul swear like a sailor in her sleep!

Have fun!
Erin and Rudie

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger Speck said...

Hi Speck,

Sounds like you had a workout just like Papa did this morning. He was a super stud and ran up, out of Florence into the hills, to San Miniato church and then back down along the South bank of the river past the hotel to Ponte Vecchio bridge and back to the hotel. All while Mama slept her lazy, lazy butt off. It's okay, he's offered to go again so she can go along. He's so considerate.
Little did we know you were getting your own marathon training at home. You'll have to have a little extra Peanut Butter Crunch tonight to replace some of those calories.

Today, we went to Pitti Palace to see art, then we went to Santa Croce church and saw the tombs of Michelangelo, Galileo, and Machiavelli. It was neat. Later, we went to a shop where they make puppets and bought a couple for Uncle TK's little girls and Mel next door (don't tell them, it's a surprise). Tomorrow, we take a train to Pisa and Lucca. We've seen lots of Dogs here (none as cute as you).

Take care of Uncle Steve, his legs must be sore after all of that walking, and be sure to keep Aunt Kathy's lap warm for her tonight.

Ciao Bella,

Mom and Dad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home