Saturday, March 03, 2007

Quite Day at the Ranch!

Mom, I got to chase a mouse!!!!
Aunt Kathy and Uncle Steve went to the home show today, so I had a nice quite day at home. It was nice and sunny out today, so I had lots of people to bark at. I'd take a nap, here something outside, bark up a storm, and then go back to sleep. Just a normal day!
But after dinner, Aunt Kathy saw a mouse in the living room. Uncle Steve had to go out and buy a whole bunch of mouse traps (pet safe, of course), and place them around the house so we would all be safe. While Uncle Steve was gone I protected Aunt Kathy. I was running all over the living room looking for those little buggers. When I go in the backyard now I can smell the bunnies under the deck. It is so much fun hunting bunnies, Uncle Steve has to remind me what we came outside for in the first place. I have Uncle Steve trained now to take me outside whenever he gets up in the middle of the night. However, he doesn't seem to share my sense of joy at hunting bunnies at 3:30 a.m. There are still a few days to break him in.
Aunt Kathy and Uncle Steve want to know when you are coming home on Tuesday. I would like to be in our house to great you, unless that means that dinner would be later than 5:00 p.m. I love you dearly, but getting dinner at 5:00 p.m. is also very special. Sounds like every day is really special in Hawaii. Keep having fun our your trip, because coming back to all this snow is going to be a real shock to your system.
Love,
The Speckter

1 Comments:

At 9:22 PM, Blogger speckster said...

Hi Speck,

Well this is your chance to contribute to AK and US's household (besides just looking cute and keeping the furniture warm). Go gett'em! This is what your kind was bred to do, now shine girl, shine! Catch that vermin and drop it at US's feet the way you do when you catch one in the back yard. Leave AK out of it though, she probably wouldn't appreciate the gift.

Today, we went to a place called Honaunau, the Place of Refuge. A long time ago, if you broke a law they would do bad things to you (more than a swat on the nose with a newspaper). If you could get to this spot on the Island before they caught you, you got a do-over and walked off scott-free! Kind of like you get everyday just for being so gosh-darn cute. We saw lots of turtles in the bay there and had ice cream on the way back to the condo.

Tell AK and US that we'll be in Tuesday morning, but we'll call on Monday night if our flight is delayed. Can't wait to rub your tummy. Make sure to be extra cuddly to US and AK to thank them for taking care of you while we are gone.

Love, Mom and Dad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home