Saturday, April 17, 2010

Helping Aunt Kathy Write Lesson Plans



It was another quite day around here. Uncle Steve went to a class all day over in St. Paul, and I stayed home and helped Aunt Kathy write lesson plans. She spends a lot of time getting prepared to help her students. I hope they appreciate how lucky they are.

When Uncle Steve got home, he asked if we went for a walk. Aunt Kathy thought it was sort of a dumb question given who just moved into the neighborhood. I told Aunt Kathy I would protect her, but she didn't seem to think that I would be much protection. She's probably right! I would bard up a storm, but unless he was laughing so hard he fell over, I would not be able to put up much of a fight. Uncle Steve is not happy that we feel like we are trapped in the house. This is not good!

Tonight, Uncle Steve and Aunt Kathy are going to Orchestra Hall to hear Berlioz's Symphonie Fantastique. It is truly a beautiful piece of music, and I will keep the house well guarded. I can sound ferocious and scare people off, as long as they can't see how small I am.

Uncle Steve let me explore in the backyard, as you can see in my movie. I am not sure why I need to be on a leash in a fenced-in backyard. It might have something to do with my getting into flowers where Aunt Kathy does not want me to be. Maybe they just want me to be really safe!

Your trip to China sounds really neat. Shopping where you can't spend money sounded like a good idea to Uncle Steve. He is not sure how much that would help the economy, though.

Have fun. Love,

The Speckster.

1 Comments:

At 9:17 AM, Blogger Speck said...

Hi Speck. Glad to hear that AK and US are getting some culture while we're gone. We hear that Berlioz is "Fantastic" ha, get it? Speaking of musical instruments, we found some doozies at the Panjiayuan Antiques Market today! We don't think they're old, but they sure are neat! Her students will love them! That is, of course, if they make it back to the states in one piece!
After the Antique market, we went to a neighborhood the used to be a Hutong neighborhood (those traditional Chinese Courtyard houses) but has been turned into a bunch of little shops. They had all sorts of neat stuff, but the most exciting thing was that they had a cake shop called Gateaux! Who knew... Jenna must be franchising the business without my knowledge.

Tomorrow, we're planning to go to the Great Wall. It's like a really big fence to keep out a whole lot of Hounds. We'll tell you all about it tomorrow. Have fun with AK and US.

Love, Mom and Dad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home