Sunday, October 19, 2008

Home, Sweet, Home



Another video without me! The wind picked up today and the waves on the lake were pretty spectacular (no pun intended, but it is a good one!), so I let Uncle Steve start out with this video. It was sort of overcast, so we spent the morning watching the lake, and having breakfast. There were too many clouds to repeat yesterday's awesome sunrise. We left Bluefin at about 11:15. I then spent the next five hours in Aunt Kathy's lap. She thought it was sort of silly that I slept the first 10 minutes, slept the last 10 minutes, and squiggled in between. She is also very persistent. I cannot count the number of times she told me to sit down. Like I listen to anybody!!!! We did finally get home. This is me at the top of the steps, wondering what is going on downstairs. They kept me so quite all weekend I feel the real need to bark, a lot. So I am. What fun!!!

Your trip just continue to sound neater and neater. I like the part about all the food. Uncle Steve's favorite was the Jaegger Schnitzel. It is a pork cutlett with some kind of mushroom sauce. It is usuaaly served with warm beets and spaetzel. Sounds yummy. I trained the clerks at Bluefin to give me treats. There was one in particular who would have fed me the whole bucket if Aunt Kathy hadn't been there to stop her.

I think I will be sleeping a lot tomorrow. I wondering how Aunt Kathy and Uncle Steve recover from the long trip that they take to relax.


Ich dich liebe,


Das Speckster



1 Comments:

At 10:42 AM, Blogger Speck said...

Hi Speck,
Good to hear your back home safely. Papa and I saw your picture on the moose last night, but started laughing about it in the middle of the day today when we remembered it. You're going to have to ask US for the file so we can get that picture for our house!

Today, we went to Nymphenburg Palace just outside of Munich. It was huge! Those people must have had a big family, to live in a place that enormous. There were swans, geese and ducks swimming in the ponds in front of the palace, you would have liked that. But the best part of it was the "hunting lodge", built in 1734, before the palace. The "elector" (ruler of the time) had the lodge built for his wife, who liked to hunt (or more accurately, shoot birds from the rooftop balcony of the lodge)after her dogs scared them out of the brush. While we think she was a little loony, she did have the coolest house we've ever seen! The first room was filled with fancy painted dog "cubby-hole" type houses cut into the walls! So cool, you would have moved in right away! You could have had twenty or so of your favorite doggy friends over at a time for slumber parties.

We had sausage again last night, but have finally burned out on it. I know you'll be disappointed in us, but it's time for pizza.

Tomorrow, we drive to Vienna. Take good care of US and AK, and make sure that they rest up from their vacation!

Be sure to thank them again for the hospitality, and for doting on you in the manner in which you have become accustomed.

Love, Mom and Dad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home