Monday, July 28, 2008

Aunt Kathy Wears Me Out!!!

On the one hand, it is nice to have Aunt Kathy home all day to entertain me. After breakfast, we went for a walk around the neighborhood. It was a nice walk; it was not an Uncle Steve marathon!!! But once she gets cleaned up, she never stops working. I feel it is my duty to keep track of her to make sure she is OK, but you can only stay on your feet so long. She is either putting pictures in albums, or working on school stuff, or cleaning the house, or talking to people on the phone. I finally had to sit on the couch and guard the front yard before my paws wore off!

Did you get to the Varsity Drive In for a chilli dog, onion rings, a frosty orange, and fried peach pie? Uncle Steve started watering at the mouth when I showed him what I was typing. One time Aunt Kathy's mom came to visit them in Atlanta, and said she would take each of them to their favorite restaurant for their birthday dinners. Uncle Steve choose the Varsity. Aunt Kathy almost killed him, but she decided she didn't need to waste the effort. The grease in the food would get him anyway!!!

Uncle Steve got home late because he went for a 6 mile run tonight. He said it was a mistake. He thought the breeze would keep him cool, but when the temperature is 90 degrees it would take a gale force wind to keep him cool.

Uncle Steve took a picture of me so everyone can see how cute I am (and humble, too!):
















He also took a movie of me hunting in the backyard. I am a good hunter too:

I am looking forward to you coming home tomorrow night. Entertaining old people is harder than you might think!

Love,

The Speckster

1 Comments:

At 12:50 PM, Blogger Speck said...

Hi Speck,
We considered the Varsity, but weren't sure we were up for the grease-fest. Did see it though! Maybe if we ran 6 miles like US we could have indulged!

Good to hear you're keeping on top of Aunt Kathy's activities. She really needs some supervision.

We're all done with our meetings. All of the signs are stamped and ready to go to the logistics company so we're really happy. We'll see you tonight.

Thank AK and US for the hospitality once again.

Love, Mom and Dad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home