Friday, March 28, 2008

Another Quite Day in Minnesota

Our days are setteling into a pattern here. Uncle Steve gets me up at the ungodly hour of 5:30 am. At least he feeds me breakfast before he leaves. I go back to bed with Aunt Kathy until a more reasonable hour. I try to convince her that I haven't had breakfast yet, but she is too hard to fool. We sit on the couch and read the morning paper. Either in the morning or afternoon we take an hour long walk in the neighborhood. Aunt Kathy has stuff to do in the afternoon so I can get in a beauty rest so I can entertain Uncle Steve when he gets home.

I am beginning to think that Uncle Steve is not as easy to train as I thought. Whenever he calls me to come, I just look at him like he is nuts. I do not come just because someone calls my name. Sometimes he tries to come and pick me up, but I am way too fast. So I have him trained to go get a treat. I follow him to get the treat, and the next thing I know I am in a room with him and not where we started out. I thought I was in control of this situation, and now I am beginning to realize that I am being manipulated by my own stomach. Oh well, the treats are really good!!!

Glad to hear that you are having such a great time. Don't forget the meerkat!

Love,

The Speckster

1 Comments:

At 2:42 PM, Blogger Speck said...

Hi Speck,
I think the trackers at our Safari camp should consult Uncle Steve. He'd have those wild dogs running to the T-R-E-A-T call in no time. Today, we got into Cairo at 5:20 am. I think the weirdest thing about this continent is that they have 5:00 twice a day instead of once, like Mama is used to at home. Those pesky rangers and those crazy airlines seem to take advantage of that extra time of day by making us do things that start then.

We spent the day today at the Egyptian museum. Wow, that's some old stuff! We were looking at things that if Jesus saw them when he was around, he would have said "Dude, that's some old stuff". We saw clay jars and jewellery and sarcophagi that dated as early as 3000 B.C. Again...Dude, really old stuff! We also saw mummies of really old Pharoahs (they were the Egyptian kings). Kind of yucky, but kind of neat. We walked back to our hotel from the museum (about one mile). Wow, they really need to get some garbage cans around here! There's all sorts of litter along the banks of the Nile. We don't think there's a fine for littering here because if there were nobody would do it because they'd surely be caught. There are police on every block. Not just one per block, but a group of 3-5 of them each block. They have really big guns, and rolling bullet-proof riot shields. It's just a tad unsettling.

Tomorrow, we're going to Giza to see the Pyramids. We hired a guide through the hotel to drive us there and tell us about the old stuff there. We'll make sure to take lots of pictures for you.

Take care of AK and US and make sure they get lots of cuddle time. We miss you!

Love, Mom and Dad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home