Sunday, July 13, 2008

Entertaining is Hard

Aunt Kathy and Uncle Steve had company today, so I worked really hard to entertain them. Aunt Kathy's sister and husband were here. They said that I was really cute. However, they were here during my nap time. I was trying to stay awake, but it was really hard. Finally, the food came out, and I woke up right away. Uncle Steve wants to know what you two do in the kitchen that makes me such a good helper. Whenever anybody starts to cook, I am right there to clean up the floor. Aunt Kathy's sister noticed that when Aunt Kathy put flour in a bowl, I looked to see if the flour fell through the counter top and on to the floor. Uncle Steve said earlier in the day that he was cutting up a honeydew melon, and that I probably wouldn't want any, even if it fell on the floor. I thought I trained him better than that!!!

After the company left, Uncle Steve thought it would be cute if he threw the stuffed animals and I chased them so you could watch me in Atlanta. He forgot that I had not had my nap. So instead of chasing the animals I stood and barked at Aunt Kathy. She pleaded with me, but to no avail. I was tired and needed my rest. So what you see below is me not performing. Maybe I will be in a better mood tomorrow.



Uncle Steve & Aunt Kathy says have fun in Hotlanta. Try to get to Stone Mountain, and the Varsity Drive-In. They have been in Atlanta for ages. Also, Atlanta is the home of Krispy Kreme, so if you miss them you can still get them there. The original Krispy Kreme is on a street that is spelled "Pounce De Leon". It is not pronounced like the Spanish explorer. It is pronounced like the prize fighter Leon Spinks. This is not a joke. Native Atlantan's are offended when you try to say it the way any educated person would think it is pronounced. Forewarned is forearmed!

Love,

The Speckster

1 Comments:

At 8:14 PM, Blogger Speck said...

Hi Speckster-

Well, we made it o.k. We are officially in ATL. There were thunderstorms here and we had to circle around a little bit before we landed. We drove right from the airport to the peach farm we bought our peaches from last year over the internet. They're really cheap when you don't have to pay shipping. The drive through the country was pretty! Tell AK that we saw lots of the weeds she talked about. They are pretty, but they seem to be choking out some stuff. Reminds us of Hawaii, minus the flowers. So now we'll be making peach jam on Sunday!

Tonight we walked all over and finally ended up eating at a Rock Bottom Brewery. Tomorrow we're off to meetings and then hopefully a relaxing night.

Try to fetch nice for AK and US. The old look at the stuffed toy and bark at the thrower is only fun for you! Tell AK and US thanks for letting you take care of them while we're gone.

Love Mom and Dad.

P.S. Momma just reminded me to tell you that we had fresh peach iced cream at the peach farm. Super-duper-nummer!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home