Saturday, March 29, 2008

I Found a Hippopotamus!!!!

Aunt Kathy went to visit her Mom in Iowa, so Uncle Steve and I had a nice quite morning eating coffee and donuts. I tried to get a bite of his donut, but Uncle Steve is really quick when it comes to protecting his treats. I had to settle for dog treats! The sun really comes in nice and warm in the back window. I would sit in Uncle Steve's lap until it got too warm, and then I would lay on the floor in the sun. I'd eventually get thirsty, get a drink, and start the cycle all over again. This is a sweet way to spend a Saturday morning.

Uncle Steve went out for lunch and did his work out at the gym. I did my work out on the living room couch. When he came back he left a bag by the front door while he made himself a snack. Well, of course I had to see what was in the bag. IT WAS A HIPPOPOTAMUS!!!! The chase was on. I tried to kill it right away, but it is one tough hippo. When Uncle Steve heard the hippo squeaking, he came to help in the chase. It would get away, and Uncle Steve would throw it across the room. I was not going to let the hippo get away that easy, so I brought it back. What a great way to spend a Saturday afternoon. Uncle Steve made a video of the chase for you to watch!!!

The stuff at the museum sounds even older than Uncle Steve! Those mummies don't come with any curses do they?

Love,

The Speckster



2 Comments:

At 7:09 PM, Blogger Gogii said...

Wow, Speck! You are one ferocious puppy! I'll bet your mom and dad were really happy to see you in action but I'm sure it made them miss you very much. I know they are having a great time.

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger Speck said...

Hey Speckster-

Be sure to thank US for the Hippo he brought home for you to hunt. That Hippo doesn't stand a chance against you and US stalking it! Maybe if it could go in the bathtub with just its eyes and ears above the water it could hide from you guys. Thanks for teaching US how to put a video online. It was awesome!

Today we went to Giza, Saqqara and Memphis. Giza is where the great pyramids are. We got to ride camels and see the pyramids up close. Pretty incredible! The camels names were Moses and Mickey, we bet you would have gotten along well with them. You would have to cause they could eat you in one bite! They're really big up close, just like the pyramids.

At Saqqara (about 5 miles away) we saw a couple smaller pyramids and got to go into a couple of tombs. The artwork on the walls is crazy detailed. At Memphis, we got to see their museum and momma got free chicklets! I bought some treats from a guy and he said I should "present" my wife with them. I did, but gave him credit. People keep telling me I'm lucky to have momma as my wife over here (duh!) tell me something I don't know.

Pictures coming soon (less animals more people this time). Give AK and US big kisses and thanks. Tomorrow we're off to Old Cairo. Should be fun.

Love Mom and Dad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home